Millions of heterogeneous data points, hundreds of thousands of compounds, samples that must be meticulously tracked and warehoused – in a research laboratory, the potential for error is profound. A laboratory information management system is the key to preventing errors and keeping projects on track.
gives you the tools to track and document sample movement, inventory, ordering, fulfillment, and storage. It’s a fully scalable system that produces airtight laboratory audit trails and reporting that helps you identify how workflows could be improved. Ledger enhances good laboratory practice, and it complies with federal electronic records rules.
Sample Inventory Management:
- Control sample access based on user credentials, container, substance, location, or organization
- Track sample custody internally, and with external partners
- Lock sample or task to each person to prevent duplicate effort
- Ensure compatibility of labware and solvent, and compatibility of storage environment with labware, solvents, and compounds
Ordering and Fulfillment:
- Create audit trails for sample movement, customer orders, and fulfillment
- Generate custom ordering templates with form fields for plate types, solvents, concentrations, format, and other variables
- Reconcile results with order instructions
- Restrict ordering capabilities when inventory is low, and accurately reflect inventory for customers
Ledger’s sophisticated analytical capabilities help lab managers prevent workflow disruptions and keep projects on schedule. Ledger monitors throughput and consumption of sample assets and can issue low-inventory alerts and assist with the replenishment of supplies. It also provides back-end performance metrics that may reveal hardware deficiencies and bottlenecks in automation processes.
With the ability to see all phases of a project, laboratories are better able to meet delivery times for service-level agreements.
Ledger Brings Optimal Efficiency to Labs
With Ledger LIMS, lab managers can increase efficiency, ensure data integrity, and reduce the opportunity for human error. Learn more about what Ledger can do for your lab. Contact us today for a product demonstration.